Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mixing up a Milkshake


When KitchenAid asked me to try out their 5-speed hand blender, I said yes, please! I love the fact that it can do the job of several appliances, which is important for tiny New York kitchens where counter space and storage is a precious commodity. Since the hand blender purees, whisks, chops and more, I wanted to put its multiple uses to the test with the best and most delicious way I could think of: a milkshake.

With the blade attachment, I made a chocolate banana shake. It was great for keeping an eye on the consistency and getting those bananas smashed up. I used the whisk attachment to quickly whip cream, and I crushed a heath bar with the chopper attachment. The blender is easy to handle and served all of its purposes well. I'm looking forward to using it for soups, smoothies and sauces but maybe just one more milkshake first.

Chocolate Banana Milkshake

1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
3/4 cup of milk
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 banana, sliced
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
whipped cream, optional
candy bar, optional

Combine ice cream, milk, cocoa, banana and vanilla with hand blender until combined and smooth. Top with whipped cream and crushed bits of your favorite candy bar.

Thanks to KitchenAid for sending me their 5-speed hand blender.

15 comments:

  1. I have the Kitchen Aid stand mixer that I bought during Christmas, but I guess I missed this product? I just love that it comes in that holder for everything!! I think that's my biggest problem with blenders and hand mixers...The extra pieces are everywhere!!

    I live in a TINY studio apartment so I think I have to put this on my wish list...That smoothie too looks super yummy!!! =)

    Ergo-Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of those! That would be ideal for our little cottage! Zero counter space! Are they in the stores yet? The milk shake looks yummy! A.Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one cool tool and I love the container for it. Even in a larger kitchen those attachments are never where you look for them. I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. Do you get to keep it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sounds like the ultimate milkshake! Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Y U M–also, that hand blender looks genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks wonderful! Such a smart product :) Also, love your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What!? That 5-speed hand blender looks like it means business! Haha. That milkshake looks delicious. KitchenAid is genius. :) I am curious---how easy is it to clean?

    ReplyDelete
  9. can't go wrong with chocolate/banana, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a delicious milkshake! Totally makes me want one. and that heart straw? so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks and sounds incredible. and those straws! too too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Could do with a chocolate & banana shake right now and love the topping. Have you ever tried using sliced frozen banana? I use it as it makes it creamy AND saves you using ice cubes for an instant cool shake.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips